Under this form an application for surrender of Director Identification Number can be made by the DIN holder due to reasons such as DIN is unused and not expected to be used in future also or multiple DINs are allotted to the same person or DIN holder has become of unsound mind or insolvent and will not be able to use the DIN.
Process of filing Form DIR 5:
- The Form can be downloaded from MCA portal www.mca.gov.in.
- Following details of the applicant are required to be provided in the E-form:
a) Name of the DIN holder
b) Father’s Name
c) Reason for Surrender:
- Having multiple DINs
- DIN was obtained in a wrongful manner or by fraudulent means;
- Death of the concerned individual;
- The concerned individual is declared as a person of unsound mind by a competent court;
- The concerned individual has been adjudicated as insolvent;
- The concerned individual is/was not associated with any company/LLP;
d. Whether DIN holder is retaining any DIN, If selected yes then DIN to be provided.
e. Specify the number of DIN(s) being surrendered by the applicant.
f. Particulars of the DIN(s) being surrendered.
g. Contact Number and Email Id of the applicant.
h. Whether the application is being digitally signed by the holder of DIN himself.
Attachment to the E-form:
- Proof of Identity of the applicant (Voters Identity Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card)
- Proof of residence of the applicant (Address proofs like passport, election (voter identity) card, and ration card, driving license, electricity bill, telephone bill or aadhaar shall be attached and should be in the name of applicant only not be older than 2 months from the date of filing in case of an Indian applicant and 1 month in case of foreign applicant.
- Affidavit including the declaration that retained DIN will be updated with all associated CIN/LLPIN if selected ‘Yes’ in field 4.
- Copy of court order declaring DIN holder is insolvent/unsound mind if reason 4 or 5 selected in field 3
- Copy of death certificate, if selected reason 3 in field 3.
The Form should be digitally certified by a chartered accountant (in whole-time practice) or cost accountant (in whole-time practice) or company secretary (in whole-time practice). We hope this blog must have been a value addition to you. you can browse more about our services here.
Sample of Form DIR 5: